WELCOME

Crafty days make for much happier ways!

Hello! I document here news, events and makes. For the love of all things handmade especially; crochet, hand embroidery, sewing, patchwork and dressmaking.

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Catching up with Mid-Week Makes

I am getting there, I am a week behind, I will catch my tail shortly!  Last weeks Mid-Week makes, was the happiest of hookiness, for the past few weeks I have been working upon my summer window display, it plans to be buntings, flowers and pretties a plenty! I have decided that it will be all things summer! To me though part of summer is having a glass of pimms in the garden, do not think my shop being all about haberdashery and gifts would suit a pimms bottle!! (hee-hee) 

 My makes for last week were buntings, with all the commemorative World War I and D-Day, I thought a little bit of good ole Great British colours would not look out of place!! 

 Makes in the Midst – Bunting

Before having my shop, my makes were always for my home, turning it into a home of crafty collections. I have made my own curtains/blinds, covered lampshades, made blankets galore, cushions, bunting and lots of little bits and pieces. With having the shop, my time to do this has been drastically cut. I am not stopping though, this has spurred me on with my ‘mission to make’ my timetable has been tweeked, such that on a Friday and Saturday night I make for me! So on my sewing table at home this week is two patchwork cushions. Firstly, is a make in the midst from a couple of weeks, a hexi-bolster cushion, using the English Paper Piecing method I am winging it!!
 Hexi bolster 

Then for my second cushion, I have a great granny throw on my bed and finally got around to sorting my material stash, which uncovered some beautiful materials I did not know I had. When I found this colour scheme it would go perfectly with my "scarlett granny" throw. 

 Patchworky square cushion front . . .
And the back of my Patchworky Square 

Hope that you have a good week! Keep crafty xx

No comments:

Post a Comment