WELCOME

Crafty days make for much happier ways!

Hello! I document here news, events and makes. For the love of all things handmade especially; crochet, hand embroidery, sewing, patchwork and dressmaking.

Sunday 3 February 2013

As promised my missed makes xx


As I promised during my previous post, here are the makes that you have missed during my absence from my blog.   I have been busy doing lots of granny squares!   Oooh I love a granny square, your mind can wander upon other makes or just generally drift away with the fairys, mine generally does this alot!!

Granny square, granny square ohhh granny square ......
I have been busy making items for sale in the shop, designing my own crochet patterns which is not a quick task!!  I have also made items for my shop window as you have seen in my previous post, the sexy sun was machine embroidered which I do love doing, its a break from my usual crafts of crocheting and sewing.  

Sexy sun has got her lipstick on!

I have also been totally addicted to making Tilda dolls, in total in the past four months I have made approximately six.  As I have stated before, they are just delightful to make and the fabrics and trimmings are a joy to work with.  I had a break during Christmas from making Tilda dolls, as I was busy with my new window display.  However, I have had withdrawals and am now working on my seventh doll, which is the Kitchengarden Angel.  She is wearing dungarees,a headscarf and pink flip flops.   I then have two left to make which I will of course show you.  


Sewingbird Tilda doll
Tilda Angel xx

I have also found Gingermelon, which is sooooo cute, her little characters are made from felt and are simply adorable.  I have made Rapunzel, thereafter become addicted and now have quite a few patterns.   I am sure you will agree how lovely they are?  If you do like these little characters then head over to Etsy.  Shelly who sells the patterns is lovely too.


Gingermelon Rapunzel

Well there we are, my makes so far.   I will of course keep you update as the makes progress. Have a lovely Sunday evening and a good week ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment